Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Storm Water Utility Field Position
The Chesterton Storm Water Utility has a new opening for a Laborer/Driver III depending on applicant’s qualifications.
The Job Description Summary for the employee will be to maintain the Town’s Storm Water infrastructure. This will require work elements such as, but not limited to:
1. 1. Inventorying, inspecting, cleaning and repairing storm sewers and other structures.
2. 2. Operate street sweeper and Aqua Tech truck.
3. 3. Perform Storm Water infrastructure inspections on construction projects.
4. 4. Daily maintenance and cleaning of equipment and vehicles.
5. 5. Operate GPS equipment and provide data collection for MS4 Operator.
6. 6. Directly assist the MS4 Operator with implementation of the MS4 program.
In addition, this person will assist the Street Department with other essential duties such as, but not limited to, leaf pickup, operate dump trucks and snowplows and operate various pieces of equipment.
Individuals with a Class B Commercial Driver’s License are preferred. If individual does not have a CDL license, they must obtain the CDL license within 6 months.
All interested applicants will need to completely fill out the Town of Chesterton Job Application Form and submit it by July 30th, 2021 at the Street Department to:
Mark O’Dell, Town Engineer/MS4 Superintendent
John Schnadenberg, Street Commissioner
1490 Broadway, Suite 1
Chesterton, Indiana 46304
Please contact John Schnadenberg at 219-926-2222 or Mark O’Dell at 219-926-2610 for any questions.
Storm Water Utility Field Position Job DescriptionJob Application