Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
As you know, we are experiencing unprecedented times. The COVID-19 outbreak, and our response to it, are evolving and changing daily. In order to keep the safety of our staff at the highest level to protect themselves and the community, we have closed the lobby at the Chesterton Municipal Complex. We will begin limiting staff hours on Monday, March 23 and will continue until further notice.
The Building Department and Utility Department will only be scheduling inspections, accepting permits, processing permits, and processing payments between the hours of 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM, Monday through Friday. However, no customer will be allowed to enter the building. The 24 hour drop box is still available and all phone messages will be returned by the next business day.
The Utility Department will not be terminating water service, for non-payment of sewer service, until further notice.
We are aware of the inconveniences that could result from these actions; however, we need to follow all national and state directives to protect our staff and the community.
In an effort to aid our residents during this difficult time, below is a list of services that may be able to assist our residents. Also, the following link is a to a COVID-19 Resident Assistance Plan. It provides a phone number to a non-emergency Hotline and also provides Red and Green Thumbs to display in your front window depending on your needs.
COVID Community Resources
· Salvation Army www.salvationarmyusa.org / 219-762-9191
· Township Trustee www.govserv.org/US/Chesterton Also: www.needhelppayingbills.com / 219-926-1405
· Small Business Administration www.sba.gov / 800-659-2955
· U.S. Department of Labor www.dol.gov / 1-866-487-2365
· Westchester Food Pantry - located at 801 Broadway, Chesterton, IN / 219-926-4278
· The American Red Cross www.redcross.org / Northwest Chapter 219-756-5360
· Local churches www.churchfinder.com
· Visiting Nurses Association www.vnaindiana.org / Valparaiso 219-462-5195
· Porter County Government www.porterco.org / 219-465-3400
· St. Anthony’s Hospital of Michigan City/Chesterton www.franciscanhealth.org / Michigan City 219-879-8511 / Chesterton 219-921-2000
· Porter Regional Hospital www.porterhealth.com / 219-983-8300
- Indiana Senate Democrats https://www.indianasenatedemocrats.org/
- Indiana Senate Republicans https://www.indianasenaterepublicans.com/
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Northwest Indiana https://www.bgcgreaternwi.org/covid-19/
- Filing Unemployment Claims
- Indiana Department of Veterans Affairs https://www.in.gov/dva/
- Indiana State Department of Health https://www.in.gov/isdh/index.htm
- Indiana Department of Homeland Security http://www.in.gov/dhs/
- NWI Times - Small businesses can apply for stimulus loans to keep workers employed starting Friday
- Patronicity https://www.patronicity.com/small-biz
- FEMA - Request for Public Assistance
- Duneland Chamber of Commerce https://www.dunelandchamber.org/