- 6:30 P.M.
- 3rd Thursday of each month
- Town Hall
Chesterton, IN 46304
There are 7 members, selected in accordance with IC 36-7-4-207(b). Current members include:
- Dan Marchetti
- Thomas Kopko
- James Kowalski
- Fred Owens
- Dane Lafata
- Sharon Darnell
- Jeff Trout
- 3 members, appointed by the Town Council, who must be either elected or appointed officials of the town or employees of the town
- 4 citizen members, appointed by the Town Council president who may not be elected or appointed officials of any municipal, county, or state government
- Not more than 2 of these appointees may be of the same political party
- Citizen appointees must reside in the planning jurisdiction, have some knowledge of community affairs, awareness of the social and economic issues, and have an interest in planning
No more than 2 citizen members may be of the same political party.
The secretary for the commission is Gail Murawski.
Initially staggered, then each new appointment is for a 4-year term. Citizen appointees may be removed for cause.
Set forth more specifically in Section 302 (F) of the Subdivision Control and Zoning Ordinance. Generally, the Plan Commission:
- Makes recommendations to the Town Council regarding the adoption and update of the Comprehensive Plan
- Makes recommendations to the Town Council regarding changes to the text of the Subdivision Control and Zoning Ordinance
- Makes recommendations to the Town Council regarding amendments to the zone map and the adoption or amendment of a planned unit development (PUD) district
- Makes decisions regarding the approval of plats of subdivisions and reviews and enforces construction guarantees issued in conjunction with the approval of such subdivisions
- Assigns street names and numbers
- Has the authority to file suit to enforce violations of the Subdivision Control and Zoning Ordinance
- Has any other authority delegated by the Town Council